ESG Playbook Signs on to Principles for Responsible Investment
ESG Playbook announced today that it has signed the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). ESG Playbook is a cloud based technology platform for simplified sustainability reporting for both asset managers and reporting companies. The platform currently supports GRI, SASB, TCFD and SCM frameworks.
ESG Playbook stated that becoming a PRI signatory allows the firm to align with recognised standards and provide transparency in line with its clients’ requirements, and paves the way for best practices in sustainability reporting.
The Principles for Responsible Investment were established by a group of investor signatories in 2006, supported by the United Nations, to aid investors in integrating ESG factors into the investment process. To achieve this goal, the PRI group established 6 voluntary and aspirational principles* for investors to follow, including the incorporation of ESG issues into the investment process, and into signatories’ own ownership policies and practices. The PRI currently has over 3,700 signatories, representing more than $110 trillion in AUM.
Sonia Zugel, CEO of ESG Playbook, said:
“We are proud to have been accepted as a PRI signatory. Our platform is intuitive and promotes best practices in sustainability reporting. Considering ESG factors over and above traditional financial analysis allows for a better assessment of risks and opportunities, and can positively impact the long-term value of companies.”
* The PRI principles:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.