Janus Henderson Launches Suite of Sustainable ETFs
Global active asset manager Janus Henderson Group announced today the launch of five new actively managed sustainable-traded funds (ETFs) for investors in the U.S.
Nick Cherney, Head of Exchange Traded Products of Janus Henderson, said:
“The launch of this comprehensive suite of sustainable ETFs is designed to showcase Janus Henderson’s intention to help investors embrace sustainability in an authentic way, without sacrificing a commitment to robust investment results. These ETFs also represent the intersection of two very significant growth opportunities for Janus Henderson, our ETF franchise, and the surge in client demand for robust ESG solutions.”
According to Janus Henderson, its Sustainable ETF solutions seek to deliver strong, risk-adjusted returns by identifying companies supportive of positive ESG change. The new solutions include three equity and two fixed income ETFs:
- U.S. Sustainable Equity ETF (SSPX), a high-conviction, low-carbon oriented portfolio of U.S. companies selected for their sustainable characteristics, growth potential and positive environmental and societal impact;
- International Sustainable Equity ETF (SXUS), a high-conviction, low-carbon oriented portfolio of international companies selected for their sustainable characteristics, growth potential and positive environmental and societal impact;
- Net Zero Transition Resources ETF (JZRO), a global equities portfolio comprised of resources positioned by companies across the supply chain for the transition to a low-carbon future;
- Sustainable Corporate Bond ETF (SCRD), an actively managed corporate credit portfolio employing positive and negative screens to identify U.S. companies constructively advancing ESG principles;
- Sustainable & Impact Core Bond ETF (JIB), a core U.S. fixed income portfolio investing in sustainable opportunities with potential for positive impact across multiple social and environmental themes.
Janus Henderson stated that the new launch is part of the company’s efforts to engage in a range of ESG efforts within its investment teams and client-facing professionals, as well as from a company perspective, and to grow its offering of actively managed ETFs.
Paul LaCoursiere, Global Head of ESG Investments, said:
“To us, sustainability is a logical and critical component of a robust investment process. And it is our belief that addressing complex and nuanced factors such as climate change and social issues in a meaningful way requires an active and engaged investment approach. It is through detailed analysis and regular interaction with companies that we believe true progress and sound investment decisions can be made.”